Egypt travel blog – that was week 1
So that was it, the first week – in a few hours the first guest of our 2019 Egypt kitecamp is on the way home, but the next guest arrives again shortly afterwards. In the meantime we have increased the group size to 15 people and are thus entering a windy week 2.
We had more than enough wind in the last few days – and even though we’ve been working with a lot of equipment since Saturday, every day has been a kite day so far. The forecast for the next few days still promises sore muscles and short days …
The tide is now “normal” again, both inside and outside the sandbar you can kite. Currently for the 26.2. first southerly wind announced, at noon it goes back to north – we look forward to warm air (> 24 ° C), warm water (> 22 ° C) and lots of sun!
Otherwise the week in numbers:
- Accidents and injuries: none 🙂
- Involuntary reef visits: one
- Boat rescue: one
- Water starters who suddenly understand and cruise through the bay: two!
- Estimated kilometers driven: several 100km from all together.
- Dives: 6 (2x Refresh, 4x Discovery Scuba Dive)
- Dugong sightings: 1x (while snorkeling)
- Turtle sightings:> 10
- Others: rays, baracudas, whitetip reef sharks, crocodile fish and a lot more
Otherwise our newcomer Arne has settled in very well in the kitesafe.de Egypt team and is doing a great job here with us. In case you don’t know Arne yet: Arne is a kite instructor and works in the summer season with the Windgeistern on Fehmarn, where you can find him in the shop and on the water – and by a lucky coincidence we have him with us in the wadi. Works for both sides, I would say 🙂
In the coming week there will be a few pictures of the changes in the wadi, be curious! And maybe there will be one or the other quad or satayah tour …
Good night and see you soon!